I’m free to be whatever I
Whatever I choose
And I’ll sing the blues if I want
There are many great freedoms in school.
- Freedom to have an education
- Freedom to listen to teachers’ explanations
- Freedom to be in a calm environment trying one’s best
- Freedom to learn about the greatest that has been thought and said by humankind
- Freedom to learn good habits towards hard work
And these freedoms give rise to other freedoms
- The freedom to choose to study at university
- The freedom to enter the world of work with good qualifications and habits
- The freedom to enter the great discussions that are part of what makes us human
- The freedom to build upon the knowledge of what we have learned at school
School is a truly wonderful place.
There is a price to be paid for these freedoms
- Discipline so that teachers can teach in the way that is best for all students.
A pretty reasonable price I think.
* In my opinion this is one of the greatest live performances of all time, because of the beauty of the song, the simplicity of the arrangement and the strength of Liam’s voice. The fact that his voice deteriorated so rapidly is one of the world’s enduring misfortunes.